” blog   ”/” shop  ”/” gallery”/” submissions ”/” press  ”/” contact”/

Oct 20, 2015

Super Cute and Creative Panda Party by Little Paper Plate Events




 Felicity from Little Paper Plate Events styled and made the delicious goodies for her daughter's panda party absolutely love it..as told by Felicity..

One of Stella's favourite things is her cuddly panda, so I decided it would make a lovely theme for her second birthday! Unfortunately Stella woke up unwell on the day of the party so spent most of the party asleep on Grandpa. That all said it was still a lovely party and we were surrounded by family and friends to celebrate our special little lady. Once again I enjoyed decorating the house and making all of the sweet treats for the children!
The dessert table was set against a backdrop of a gorgeous panda garland purchased from Sugarcoated Events and a large panda face made by yours truly. I added monochromic details in the food and decor with a white table, Oreos, chocolate milk, a large helium number two balloon, a small black number two (painted and made by me), black and white paper goods and two Schleich pandas. I think by keeping the table simple helped all of the details pop! I also reused the black triangle garland purchased from Concretehoney for my other daughters spooky party to add to the theme.
To keep the children occupied I made a gorgeous panda pass the parcel inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. I filled the parcel with panda themed items such as purses and stationary from Daiso. I also purchased a soft panda toy for each child to play with at the party. My favourite moments of the party was watching the children cuddle their pandas and squeal with delight as they let go of black helium balloons one by one into the sky. The party ended with the cutting of the panda cake (made by me) and handing out favour boxes filled with chocolates.
I love creating parties for my three girls as it provides deep sense of satisfaction, is a creative outlet and is a great way to get my children involved in craft and activities. I especially love entertaining my family and friends, I always have. As a busy mother and University student ( I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing), I believe children parties are a great way to keep connected to my loved ones. They are also a great way to express my love to my children, recognised their personalities and develop relationships with their school friends. I believe in the age of social media the importance of gathering with our loved ones is even more crucial as it has ever been. Sometimes it can be so easy to rely on the ‘like’ button to express our connection, however without face to face interaction I believe our relationships can never be truly meaningful. Gathering in groups helps keep us connected and I believe is vital to the development of children's social and communication skills.
I hope you enjoy the photos! Big panda love xx
Felicity x
Cupcake toppers and panda banner: Sugarcoated Events -www.Sugarcoatedevents.com.au
Large cardboard panda - Felicity
Fondant cookies, vanilla cupcakes and vanilla butter cake with fondant made by: Me
Panda cookie cutter: Spotlight Australia
Cake decorating supplies: Something for Cake www.somethingforcake.com.au
Number 2 balloon and Party ware (Paper plates, straws, cups) -www.partysavers.com.au
Panda party ears: Me
Soft toy pandas - Ikea Australia
Party photography: Me
















No comments:

Post a Comment